Sunday, July 21, 2013

Just the vessel.

An amazing thing happened to us this week. Was running errands and a woman started chatting with Jackson. He signed something back to her and then said something unintelligible (I understood :)) I explained to her that he could hear, but that he was non-verbal and used ASL. We started talking and she was asking lots of questions about him (I love to talk about my cutie so it didn'...t hit me until later that she was much more inquisitive than most people). I explained to her that he was a surviving twin and we were told that he might not survive, that his cerebellum isn't growing like it should be, that he is cognitively intact, that he crawls, that he isn't in pain, that he just said, "I love you, Mommy" for the first time, that he is a joy and a blessing and that he makes everyone around him better. She suddenly BURST into tears and left the room. I had no idea what had just happened.
Turns out, she's almost 3 months pregnant with her first child. She started spotting a week ago, they ran tests, found out that the baby's brain isn't growing properly. Her and her husband were given the decision to terminate or carry to term and risk a 'possible non-viable baby' in her OB's terms. They have to give her OB the decision by tomorrow. She had asked God for a sign to help her make this very difficult decision and said as soon as she heard me say that Jackson has a brain disease, she knew God was telling her to keep her beautiful baby. We sat in her office and cried and prayed and cried some more.
My son, my beautiful, beautiful son, is moving mountains.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment